Monday, April 02, 2007

Anti-Zionism as anti-semitism

I noticed on the BBC Radio 4 news this morning that some folks (I can't remember who) were saying that people are using anti-Zionism as a cover for anti-semitism.



I bloody hate this weasely use of words. It's used as a means to distract attention from what the Israeli government is perpetrating in Palestine - genocide.



I absoutely detest the Israeli government's Zionist policies, its desire to see the Palestinians wiped off the map, its desire to be able to control the whole of the middle East. I do not detest Jews.



Anyone calling me an anti-semite for speaking out against Imperialism when I see it is asking for a good slap.



I detest the Imperialism of the government of my own country. That does not make me anti-British - it makes me anti-Imperialist.



Do I have to drag out loads more examples? No? Good.



So, stop the 'anti-Zionism is anti-semitism' crap and start a dialogue about something important - like stopping the Brits and Yanks killing Iraqis and the Israelis killing Palestinians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home